Friday, November 7, 2008

Ivy, what it represents to me.


I was looking through a folder of pictures that I had recently taken, for today's post and I came across this one. It gave me a feeling of serenity. Maybe ivy is also equated with tenacity and proliferation. It keeps growing even if you accidentally mow it down. I am posting it because it is a personal symbol for me of serenity, strength and not to give up when things are tough. It will be an outward and visible sign that I want serenity in my life and that I will continually possess the qualities of strength and tenacity. And from a personal growth standpoint, that I will never lose the desire to keep learning new things.

2 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Love the light in this photo. I think I'll recall this post about serenity, strength and tenacity the next time I want to tear out some ivy!

Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile... This moving thing seems to go on, and on, and on, and on... We're still going back and forth and it can be pretty crazy!

Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

Oh I felt the same. The next time I dig my heels in to 'pull that stinkin' plant your words will rhyme true and through my head. Lovely pic and post.