Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Doggie in the window


Remember that song "How much is that doggie in the window, the one with the waggedy tail"? I loved that song when I was little and every time I see a dog in a window, even if it isn't for sale, that song replays in my mind. I took this picture of my doggie in the window, Faith (husky-collie mix), through my back door window in the summer of 2004, shortly after I rescued her from the Geauga County Animal Shelter, through a listing on petfinder.org and Jim Blum's Folk Music Show on weekend evenings on WKSU-FM (89.7). I love the look on her face, she was watching me take pictures of my patio garden and looking at me as if to say, "please let me come outside and play". I cropped it and digitally 'painted' it and here is my portrait of my "doggie in the window"!

4 comments:

Kimberly Monaco said...

Oh I love Faith!! and I'd love to have her over again... tell her that auntie kim wants to have a sleepover anytime!

Great photo of her!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Your pooch looks precious. Aren't they all? I love dogs. Sorry I've been out of touch. Much moving still to do, but I wanted to say "Hi!" and hope all's well in your world!

tracie said...

aawww i love faithy!! :)

Unknown said...

Your doggie is so precious! Ahh, so we both play songs in our head 'bout life! Now I know why I liked ya at 'hello'! :)