Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Last Day of November


Well...it's raining and cold outside. In 21 days the Solstice will occur and it will officially be winter. If you are like me, you will have to rely on memories and look at photos from summer and fall to help you get through the winter. Not to say that winter doesn't have its blessings too, but it's not one of my favorites. One of the blessings are the holiday gatherings with family and friends. Another blessing is getting magical pictures after a fresh snow or ice storm. And of course there are winter sports like cross country and downhill skiing to make up for the lack of warmth and sun. But still, winter will never be my favorite season.
If for no other reason, I hate driving in snow and ice and I hate cleaning my car off.
As I was looking at this picture, it filled me with 'warm' memories. It is one of several that I took while at Catawba Point in the late summer. It is a very contemplative sort of picture to me. I hope you find that quality in it also!

2 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Yes, contemplative. What perfect timing to get the bird in there... Or is that photoshopped in? It's a beautiful image.

Anonymous said...

Love it!