Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Month of August


Okay, it is August 6th and I just realized I haven't posted anything this month yet, so here is my first one.
AUGUST - 8th Month Of The Year
August is a good month, summer is winding down and the cooler temperatures of fall will soon be upon us, but there is still some time for seasonal outdoor activities. Maybe camping, canoeing, cycling or horseback riding, a backyard barbecue or roasting marshmallows by a campfire. Or how about a hike in one of your favorite city parks. In Cleveland, OHIO we are blessed with a beautiful System of Metroparks also known as The Emerald Necklace for the way they drape around the greater Cleveland area in the shape of a necklace, each one a gem with many things to see and discover. Hiking Trail Locations They are my favorite places to go for a quick nature fix. If you haven't been to one lately, here is a reminder to do so! Of course you can go any time of the year!
I'm rediscovering how much fun it is to take a child to the park. I used to take my daughter when she was little, now I have the opportunity to take my grandson Bobby. He loves the park and all the creepy crawlers that you can find there. Here is a pic of him from our most recent trip earlier in the summer. He is hamming it up in front of the frog sculpture at The Rocky River Reservation Interpretive Center.

1 comment:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

More things we share in common: love of nature, hiking and grandsons!