Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Transformation


The title of this digital 'painting' is "Transformation". It is a piece that I've completed recently. The work is aptly titled because I am undergoing a transformation of sorts.
Following are some of my thoughts while reflecting on this painting. We are continually evolving. Through the process we usually experience a gradual transformation. But there comes a certain point at which a quantum leap occurs and we are catapulted through a 'gateway'. I feel that Transformation is my gateway piece that will take much of my art in a new direction. I have done several other abstract works but this one has more of a painterly quality to it. While I was working on it, I felt something different or new taking place in the creative process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find this painting very inspiring and has a good energy flow in it. Is the original for sale and if so what size is it? If not, I would like to purchase a reproduction for my family room. Maybe as big as 40 x 60, and on canvas, if that is possible. I will send you an email with my contact information.
Thanks for your time.
C.Z.

Anonymous said...

Terri,
Your painting is beautiful! I didn't know that you painted as well.
Karen W.