Friday, February 11, 2011

Dandelion Dreams


Some see Dandelions as bothersome weeds on their front lawn. I see them as beautiful edible plants. They also inspired me to create the above digital painting.

The common dandelion, enemy of suburban lawns, is an unusually nutritious food. It's leaves contain substantial levels of vitamins A, C, D, and B Complex as well as magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper, choline, calcium, boron and silicon.
Source Lifescript - Healthy Living For Women
To learn more...Visit lifescript.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I am very allergic to dandelions, I think this is beautiful.

Photography By Terri Harper said...

Thank you Ashley! I do know about allergies, I've had them most of my life. The good thing is, I am outgrowing some of them. A 'beautiful' field of goldenrod ruined a vacation in Kentucky once, I was miserable the whole time. Even antihistamines didn't help that time. We couldn't move away from the field of goldenrod because it was on the property of the people we were visiting...